- Share a Concern
- Workshops and Presentations
- Our Staff
- Contact Us
COVID-19 Counseling Services Communication
- Counseling Services is currently operating under remote conditions. We will do our best to continue to provide support and are currently offering services in alternative formats. Please watch this video for information on our services during this time.
- If you are seeking Counseling Services (individual sessions, walk-in, group), they will be conducted by phone or video conference (Zoom). Please contact our office ASAP (573-341-4211) to schedule an appointment or confirm information on an already scheduled appointment.
- We are urging everyone to wash your hands regularly, avoid touching your face, and practice social distancing. It’s a good idea to avoid shaking hands right now. And, if you feel sick or believe you may have been exposed, call your health provider to discuss next steps.
- Remember to take it day by day and maintain good self-care. Regular exercise to manage stress is important and so is getting adequate rest and sleep and maintaining good nutrition. Look for opportunities for positive, virtual interactions with others.
- This is a fluid situation. For the most up to date information, please check the website, coronavirus.mst.edu often for updates.
Take care of yourself and feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you have.
Student Resources During COVID-19
- Ensure you obtain accurate information
- Limit your daily consumption of virus-related information
- Take breaks from all technology and devices
Managing News and Technology
Balance With Positive News
- Develop a daily plan and follow it - structure tasks for the day in a routine way
- Go outdoors at least once a day - follow the guideline in your area
- You may be experiencing a range of emotions - this is normal, so be kind to yourself
- Identify and do healthy activities that bring a sense of calm and peace
Coping Strategies and Self-Care
8 Ways to Calm Anxiety (New)
Managing Stress (New)
Dealing With Grief
It's Okay to Grieve (New)
Ways to Heal (New)
- Move daily and find time to be outside
- Maintain a healthy relationship with food
- Improve your sleep
Take Care of Your Physical Health
Move with Miner Wellness (New)
Address Sleep Challenges (New)
Benefits of Good Sleep (New)
Money and Daily Living Needs