- Share a Concern
- Workshops and Presentations
- Our Staff
- Contact Us
The care coordinator supports students throughout their time at S&T. By identifying immediate needs, providing appropriate resources and working with them to develop a personalized action plan, the care coordinator help students to face their challenges and succeed.
The care coordinator can help with:
- Assistance navigating campus and community resources
- Referrals to campus and other resources
- Coordination and follow up during and after hospitalization and/or medical leaves of absence
- Crisis management
- Help managing complex medical needs
- Exploration of and referral for mental health or physical health concerns
- Problem solving
The care coordinator offers to:
- Arrange for care
- Help manage complex medical or psychiatric needs
- Psychiatric/Medical Withdrawal
- Coordination of re-enrty
- UCARE Referrals/Coordination
- Strengthen support systems and self-advocacy skills
- Remove barriers to student success
- Provide support, monitoring, and follow up services
- Resource and consultation for faculty, staff, and students
- Manage academic, personal, and fiscal responsibilities
- Identify needs, resources, and support systems
The care coordinator works with other campus departments and offices to facilitate communication. The care coordinator can help students increase self-advocacy skills. Together the student and care coordinator can develop an action plan to more effectively access services.
When to Refer
- Repeated absences
- Decline in academic performance, low grades
- Disruptive behavior or disturbing conduct
- Shift in mood
- Suspected use of drugs or alcohol in class
- Disorganized speech/nonsensical conversation
- Emotional/physical outbursts
- Changes in personal hygiene, appearance
- Communication that is concerning
- Unable to contact student
- Relationship issues
- Loss of family member or friend
- Mental health concerns
- Physical health concerns
How to refer
Students may be referred to the care coordinator by faculty, staff, family, or other students. Students can also self-refer to the care coordinator. The goal is to prevent more serious difficulties and help students attain success.
Resources for Faculty and staff
If you would like additional information or would like to consult about a student or situation, please email the care coordinator, Krista Morris-Lehman, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 573-341-4211. Students can also self-refer using this method.
What to expect after a referral
The care coordinator will discretely gather information by reaching out to the student and determine which types of services might be best and connecting them to to available student resources.
For more information, please contact the care coordinator.
The care coordinator is not bound by the same level of confidentiality as the counseling staff. She is a mandated reporter but can refer you to a confidential source.