- Share a Concern
- Workshops and Presentations
- Our Staff
- Contact Us
Student Emergency Fund
The Student Emergency Fund assists S&T students by providing financial support for unexpected emergency expenses.
Students sometimes have unforeseen circumstances that greatly impact their lives. The fund allows students to meet their needs and continue their education.
- Funds are provided only when there is funding available.
- Funds awarded are generally between $25-$500.
- Funding is a one time option and does not need to be repaid.
- Students may apply for the fund once they have exhausted other resources.
- Approval is based on eligibility, documentation of need and funding availability.
How to Apply
- Submit the application and supporting documentation to the care coordinator.
- Meet with the care coordinator to discuss your situation.
- A committee will review your application and make a decision.
- If approved, payments will be made directly to vendors and outside parties.
- Applicants must have a financial hardship resulting from an emergency, accident, or other unexpected critical incident. This hardship must have a direct impact on the student’s academic success at the university.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled students. It is strongly preferred that they be in good standing academically and not on disciplinary probation.
- Resources, including emergency loans through Student Financial Assistance, must have been considered and are insufficient, unavailable, or not available in a timely manner. Emergency funds are generally not used for ongoing needs. The student may work with the care coordinator to look at permanent solutions.
- Applicants must complete the form below and submit supporting documentation.
- Medications and other costs related to medical care
- Safety needs (i.e. changing a lock)
- Replacement of essential personal belongings due to fire, theft, or natural disaster
- Travel costs related to a death or illness in the immediate family
- Tuition, fees, and textbooks
- Parking tickets or other fines
- Non-essential utilities (i.e. cable), household, or furniture costs not related to damage or theft
Giving to the Fund
The number of students who can be served by from this resource is limited by the availability of funds. The fund is sustained by continual contributions from alumni, parents, faculty, staff, and friends of the University. To make tax-deductible donations, please contact University Advancement at 800-392-4112 or giving.mst.edu (choose Other and write in Student Emergency Fund). For more information please contact Krista Morris-Lehman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-341-4211.