- Share a Concern
- Workshops and Presentations
- Our Staff
- Contact Us
- Massage chair
- Biofeedback program that shows your emotional state
- Lightbox to lessen depressive symptoms related to dark winter months
- Buddha board to encourage being in the present moment and learning how to let go of stress
- Please check in with the front desk prior to entering the StressLess Room.
- Please limit your time to 30 minutes so that others may enjoy this quiet space and massage chair.
- You will be asked to leave your cell phone with the front desk in exchange for a key to enter this space.
- We ask that you do not bring any food or drink into the StressLess Room. This will help protect the massage chair from any damage.
- Do not leave loose change or other objects in your pockets while using the massage chair. They are easily lost.
- Please remember to return the chair to its starting position and wipe down the arms and headrest before leaving.
- Please be sure to take all your belongings with you when you leave.
- Surveys are located on the back of the door. Please complete one when you are finished and turn it in for a stress ball.
You can help make our services better!
Health Benefits of Massage
- Massages are not just relaxing. They are good for you too!
- Massage reduces the levels of the stress hormone cortisol in your body which can reduce your levels of stress, anxiety, and depression and can help lower high blood pressure.
- Improved sleep can be achieved through massage. Studies suggest that this is because massage has an effect on your delta waves—brain waves produced when you are in deep sleep.
- Some studies have shown that massage increases the number of white blood cells your body produces, which boosts your immune system.
- One study showed that adults who received a 15-minute chair massage were more alert and performed faster and more accurately on math problems than adults who had not had a chair massage.
- Massage can reduce the frequency of and pain associated with migraines and tension headaches.
The following persons must not use this massage chair:
- Persons with serious circulatory problems such as varicose veins, thrombosis, etc.
- Persons who have been advised by their doctor not to use the chair
- Persons with suspected acute neck sprain (whiplash injury)
Seek medical advice before using the chair (misuse could result in injury or be harmful to health):
- Serious heart problem
- Serious diabetes
- Serious osteoporosis
- High fever
- Pregnancy or suspected pregnancy
- Serious skin condition
- Sensory impairment
- Persons with pacemakers or other electronic medical devices
- Acute gastrointestinal complaints (gastritis, hepatitis, enteritis)
- Persons with spinal abnormalities due to past injury or ailment
- Persons with curvature of the spine
- Persons with a history of vertigo, fainting or tinnitus